Friday, October 9, 2009

Birthday, The good, the bad, and the ugly...

I turned 32 on Wednesday, feels strange diving deeper into my thirties. I kind of always thought I'd be doing more with my life by now but I suppose what I've done so far isn't terrible. I've got a fantastic husband, great family, a home, a cute little kitty, overall a great life. I'm blessed : )
But birthdays make me ponder life and it's ok to get older I suppose...anyway here is a recap of my birthday, the good/bad/ugly style:

  • Woke up early (bad) to Pat singing happy birthday (good) and saw my hair (ugly)
  • Phone rang (bad) Daddy sang happy birthday and mom said happy birthday (good) and then remembered hair situation (ugly)
  • Opened sweet card from mom and dad (good) check inside (not bad) smile on face (no ugly)
  • Went to work (bad) no cake for birthday (bad) pineapple cake coming the next day for birthday (ugly/yuck)
  • Got phone call from my sister wishing me happy birthday, phone call from in laws wishing me happy birthday, my nephew sang happy birthday (all good)
  • Got flowers at work (good) they were broken in half (bad) had to tell Pat, he was not happy (ugly-for Pro Flowers anyway)
  • Went to lunch with Pat (good) got CD at said lunch (not bad) sang on way back to work which I thought was lovely others might find it: (ugly)
  • Worked all afternoon (no good, only ugly and bad...work is not good it's work)
  • Left work (good) got presents at home (better) and cupcakes (awesome)
  • Sweet nephews told me happy birthday (good)
  • Went to eat at Outback (good) ate too much (bad) stomach bloated (ugly)
  • Beautiful niece called to wish me happy birthday (good)
  • Waited for my brother to call (bad) he did not (ugly) and still has not
  • Went to bed (good) full of steak and potato and cupcake (better) fell asleep with gorgeous husband (best)
  • Thursday was still my birthday, got a cupcake book from my sis in law (good) can't wait to make and eat lotsa cupcakes (bad) I'll be fat (ugly)

Overall I'd rate the day a 7, Pat thinks this is bad, but he's wrong. I had a great day with him, and only a few minor hiccups. I think I dwell on the bad too much anyway. Oh and today Paula bought me Subway and a cookie for b-day, so that was good too. I love birthdays, even if they mean I'm getting old.

Quick update: The brother finally called, a week late :)

1 comment:

  1. 32...You're still a baby. Of course, when you get to 92, you will still be a baby to daddy and me! (but we won't be around, because we are OLD!)

    ReplyDelete