Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Grab a tissue and a chair...

It was my baby nephew's 9th birthday this past weekend. . .ok and maybe 9 doesn't make you a baby anymore but J was my first little nephew. He was the first one I held, changed his diaper, bumped his head on a coffee table and gave a massive bruise, he was just the first little guy with the title nephew. From the minute he was born he was destined to be spoiled by everyone, and he knew it. I used to hold him in my lap and he'd sleep or smile and it made me so happy. And now here we are nine years later and guess what? He still ran up to me, in a gym filled with all his classmates, and his eyes still lit up when he saw me, he still gave me a hug. I can't tell ya how that makes me fill. I'm overwhelmed at how much he loves me. And after his birthday party with friends was over, and he impressed them all with his "b-ball skillz" (this is why Aunt Jenn doesn't talk at parties btw) he still came home and cuddled up on the sofa with his Aunt Jenn. He may be only a head shorter than me now, and his hands don't fit in the middle of my palms anymore but he's still just my little J. He still sits in my lap while he plays with skateboards, and he's still willing to hold my hand while he sits next to me, and I know it might not last much longer. . .but I'm gonna soak it up while I can. To be loved that much, just makes me a better person. He's an amazing little guy and I can't wait to see him continue to grow up and change. And yet I'll still be able to see the same baby I've always seen. . .probably even when he has his own babies someday. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment