Monday, November 16, 2009

You're caller 10, how can I help you?

Me: Good morning, how can I help you?

AC (Annoying caller): Hey, I talked to you the other week about my account my name is annoying remember me?

Me: No, I'm sorry I don't but if you tell me what you need help with I'll be glad to try and assist you.

AC: I called and asked an annoying generic question and now I'm calling again to ask another generic question and get upset because you don't remember me.

Me: OK, I'll be glad to answer your generic question but it seems that my answer is only annoying you more. Let me give you the number of the actual department you need to speak to, who can give you the same answer again and see if that helps.

AC: Fine, what's the number.

Me: Here is the number stupid.

AC: So, was it actually you I spoke with the other week?

Me: I'm not sure I get several phone calls a day (try 15-20 a day, in addition to people I help in person) and I just don't remember.

AC: Well, isn't that just convenient? (and she hangs up).

Me: Yes, it is convenient. I actually remember you but don't want to help. It's not that your annoying and impatient and that I've helped a hundred people since I helped you and you didn't write down who you asked your generic question to. A question, might I add, that doesn't affect the amount of funds in your account, whether checks clear, or anything like that, no you just wanted me to remember you. Well, I don't and for me it's very convenient that you hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment