Sunday, August 23, 2009

Evil Roku

Dear Roku:

You have ruined my marriage. With your stupid, really old, bad movies that no one wanted to rent, much less watch for free, you have caused at least two blow up fights at my house. I don't want to see any of the following: bad 70's, 80's, 90's or beyond movies, screaming Japanese women (there was a horror movie from Japan where all the woman did was scream, I swear), the first film of any director, any Pink Panther movie, Marx Bros. movie, western or bad kung fu movie. What can I say? I like my movies new, current, and with people I recognize. I'm not a purist, I don't need to see the old movies and understand where movies came from. No, I need to be entertained for one and a half to two hours, not annoyed. Yet, annoying movies are the only thing you seem to offer. My husband is obsessed with you, and wants me to join. But no Roku, I will not drink the kool aid. You can keep your Arsenic and Old Lace, and special 2 disc Antibodies, I will be kicked back with a nice Nick Cage or romantic Amy Adams flick, one set in the early 2000's.
Love,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment