Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Update

Hubby and I have been working on cleaning up our house for the past few weeks and it's coming along but this past Saturday was the day I've been dreading most, the yard. I hate bugs, dirt, plants, grass, pollen, and most of all, I hate yard work. But, we own the house now and apparently people won't just come along randomly do the work for you (who knew I'd ever miss an apartment). When I was young I was too small to push a lawn mower, I did do a great job of spreading daisy seeds across our lawn though. (I watch a gardening show w/my dad and the guy on tv told me all I had to do was throw the dead daisies in the yard and they would grow. It worked and my dad told me he never realized I was the reason the yard was covered in sporadic daisies.) Anyway, the point is really, that I hate yard work.

We started out at about 8 am working in the yard. We were weeding the back, cutting the grass, trimming trees etc forever. The high light of this work turned out to be the three baby rabbits we found in a hole in the ground in our side yard. They were so cute, but they yelled at me when I accidentally tried to dig up their home, jeez touchy, touchy. So, now we have a cleared yard sans one little area that is a bunny reserve for now (I have to keep my sister in law away from them, she hates rabbits as much as I hate yard work). Once we finish the yard and house we might actually be ready for the 15-20 people who might show up for the shower we're giving for my SIL. I'm actually pretty excited about that.

Sunday was spent napping and complaining about my sore hips and fingernails (yes, my fingernails hurt) from working outside.

1 comment:

  1. Ahem. I DON"T HATE RABBITS!!!!:). That is clearly a misconception of us vegetarians....so there!....:)

    ReplyDelete