Friday, February 19, 2010

The problem is. . .People

I check the e-mails that get sent in to the bank for general questions. Today I received the following e-mail and it made me remember how much I love demanding customers:

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is XXXXXX (see I protect the guilty) and I have an account at your bank. I need to open another account. I am coming on my lunch and would like most of the paper work filled out prior to my arrival.

So, let me get this straight, you think we're Burger King? You wanna have it your way. Pull up, sign a paper, and drive away. We should do that for everyone right. Spend our days doing paperwork before you get here, forget the people who actually sign in to see us and take the time to sit and open accounts. Gosh, we are really behind the times huh?

And then just to add insult to injury I had another customer come in with a problem that he was upset that I couldn't help him with. You see, he took out a loan with another bank and gave them permission to draft his checking account to pay on the loan. Well, he told them that now he doesn't have the funds to pay the loan so he wants them to stop trying to draft his account because they are causing him non sufficient fund fees with us. They, the mean bank, won't stop trying to take out the payment he owes them. His solution? For us to put a stop payment on the draft, which we won't do. His next solution? To close the checking account. Really? What is wrong with people?

No comments:

Post a Comment