Monday, September 14, 2009

Listen here sister...

I've been trying to be a helpful here at the bank and help train one of my co-workers on taking an application for new credit cards. Somehow she and I have managed to get the uncooperative, impatient, terrible applicants every time we work together. Today took the cake. She processed an application for a young man and brought it to me to see if we could approve it. His credit report listed over $4000 of collections, a charged off credit card, and nothing else. Needless to say, we couldn't help him. I went with her to explain that we couldn't help and wow, did I get an ear full. He told me for 30 minutes straight (while he sat there with his leg propped on the chair trying to show me his junk) about why I should help him, why his credit wasn't bad, and all he wanted was a credit card for a few hundred dollars. He made plenty of money (he told me) and would pay us (which given the circumstances I don't agree) and that I was simply being unfair. As I opened my mouth for the third time to explain what we could do and why we couldn't open a credit card, he waved his hand at me and said "listen here sister, you aren't hearing me" and I racked my brain to figure out how I could possibly be related to such a moron and the answer is I'm not. So, I told him ever so politely "we couldn't give you a credit card for three hundred dollars, in fact we wouldn't give you a credit card for five dollars" (yes, I know I was training but this guy was nuts). I almost stabbed him with the scissors, he was insane. He talked on and on for 20 more minutes and I finally had to get my manager to help me (quite frankly I think it's because he has a penis and I don't, seriously). The crazy man finally left, accepting defeat. It's a good thing too, because I only have so much self control.

No comments:

Post a Comment