Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Stupid Question of the Day

A customer called to inquire about qualifications for obtaining a car loan, I answered and she then went on to win an award for being an idiot by asking the following:

"when looking at a possible car loan for me, do you look at like, ya know, like if on my credit report I didn’t pay rent a few years ago and they have a collection on me, cause I was unemployed and couldn’t pay my rent. Do you look at that and think I shouldn’t get a loan, because it’s like over two years old?"

What do you think????? Sheesh!

OK...so I should keep a tally of stupid questions because I got another one, almost better than the first:

"can I borrow $5000 to pay my 7 late mortgage payments and foreclosure fees so my house doesn't get foreclosed on?"

Now, this is a very sad situation. I don't envy this person's position, but honestly how are we going to lend you money to avoid foreclosure? I wish, I truly do, that I could lend you money to save your house, but how can I? You cannot afford your house, what good would another loan on top of your house payment do you? It would just postpone the inevitable. I'm sorry about the situation, but be realistic...

No comments:

Post a Comment